Sunday, July 30, 2006

Fond Memories from Jacob's Father

Memories~

He would always come in to my bed to get me up, and give me a big hug, and say “et up dad”

He loved getting wet, and true to form, I found him in the upstairs bathroom in the sink soaking himself last Sunday morning

Reading Book of Mormon, he would sit with us and turn pages, and often would end up tearing the pages out.

One of my favorite memories is of having family prayer on the upstairs landing… I would kneel one step down from the landing and Jacob would always come kneel on the step with me, snuggle right up next to me, and rest his little folded arms on the top of the landing.

Memories of Jacob's final hours~

I gave him a big kiss when we got out of the van the day of his passing

He ran in and gave Grandpa a big hug and kiss and said hi to Grandma before going to the sitter

He was sitting in the high chair at the Carter’s happily eating potato chips when I came downstairs, making a huge mess.

Sunday, I found him in the Carter’s upstairs bathroom in the sink soaking himself

He came in to my bed to get me up, and gave me a big hug

After singing “I am a Child of God” in the car on the way from the Carter’s to my parent’s house, he immediately asked for “cudders” (Primary Colors)… we sang it with him and the kids.

We held his little body in the room at the hospital after he had gone, and sang “cudders” to him… when I got to “blue is for purity in thought and deed”, I could hardly finish the song.

No comments: