Like last year, we had Jacob's cake and ice cream picnic at his grave. We unfortunately had to make it brief, since it was hot and everything (ice cream, frosting) was melting so fast. We returned home and watched our home movies of his 2nd birthday.
I decorated the cake with red, yellow, and blue balloons. Primary Colors was Jacob's favorite song, and we released those colored balloons at the graveside during his funeral. The cake turned out awful because I have a bad cold and was just trying to get it done. But Taylor told me it was "awesome," so I can live with it.
Sweet little Nathan found my template for the cake, and he made a very sweet request. "Mom, can you put this on the fridge so I can remember how much I love Jacob?" I nearly cried.

1 comment:
Oh Angenette,
I've been wondering about what we'll be doing next year on Evan's birthday and I just cry with your photos as I know that we will have the same ones. Thank you for sharing.
Bridget
Post a Comment